Introduction to Module Development
This session provides a fun introduction for people who want to get started writing their first module or extending an existing one. The presentation is both conceptual and hands-on, and covers topics like Drupal's hook system and the Form API. By the end of the session, attendees should have resources and a foundation to start writing or extending Drupal modules!
- What is a module?
- What is the hook system and how does it work?
- Overview and hands-on intro to the Form API
- Basic development troubleshooting techniques
- Resources & references for Drupal module development
- Answers to your questions about Drupal development!
- Understanding what a module is.
- Conceptual understanding of how to use Drupal's APIs to write or extend a module
- A feeling of confidence that module-development isn't beyond yourself!
- Awareness of resources to help you continue learning after the session.
Similar past presentations: